Friday 10 July 2009

Fish Friday


Who is this guy?, do you remember him , yes we all remember Captain Birds Eye. Monopolising the fish finger market posing as a fisherman who only selects the finest cuts of cod and uses the crispiest bread crumbs known to man sprinkled with gold to give it that glow as seen on the adverts. They look so succulent on TV but on your plate they are as plain as the Plainest Jane to have ever lived.


This is my ode to fish, I've had fish for lunch 5 days in a row 2 days of mackerel 2 days of cheap kipper and thanks to Fish Friday Cod and chips ,which as I type is digesting ever so slowly in my belly.

I used to hate fish, and the reason is because of the bones, millions and millions of bones, just like seeded fruit the joy of food is removed by the taboo which is the removal of the hard stuff inside.

Have a flashback to the time a bone scratched the inside of your throat, it's hardly worth the trouble if you ask me. Why can't fish be like chicken with only a few major bones to go through.

Salsa was great last night, need to get in some practice, I'm moving up a level as suggested by one of the event organisers. so catch me soon spinning around a Latin dance floor near you.

Anyway let me end by saluting the late original Captain Birds Eye, although I wonder how we let the pied piper of the sea , an old bearded man who lured kids onto his sea worthy vessel with the promise of golden fish fingers, into our homes and fridge freezers.
Adieu




No comments:

Post a Comment