Friday 12 June 2009

Mambo no.1

Wow, Who would have thought it, Salsa was serious as in very good, I actually enjoyed it and will be back next week.


I take back all the insults I flung at my friends ,mainly calling them GAY for learning to Salsa. I mean I thai box, that's testosterone central and salsa seems quite camp. BUT there were some dudes getting kicks out of turning women Mr La Vida Loca and Pablo Molesto so I guess although, the general salsan has a gay dress code I'm sure most salsans are dance lovers or a bunch of seedy pervs

NB. i had to wear my v-neck t-shirt and look remotely pruned as it was asalsa night out and i wanted to look european by exposing some of my chest hairs.

The beginners class started at 9.30 my housemate was in Intermediate- fancy footwork confusion class- and then there was dancing ALL NIGHT LONG (your brain wants you to sing some Lionel, so do it!!) I had to stop at 12 it was bedtime for me- 70 mile commute remember- i'll talk about it one day

I like the fact that I was asked to dance after the class by a few Salsans ( that's what I'll be calling Salasa dancers) but I didn't like the fact that i could only do like 2 moves. Some guys there were impressive I can't wait till I'm at that level and as for the clammy hands- boy I'm going to get this thing from Boots which "should" sort that out.

Frosties for Dinner and sausage sandwich- student times for a working man

Fridays here- got my expenses so i can afford to take the Mrs to the Cinema lol, Saturday night at the movies -Good times!! Have her for the whole weekend.
Long Distance Relationships can suck but I'd rather long distance relationship than no relationship.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why Salsa makes me real anxious. I think it's the whole dancing with a partner thing.

    Good on you and LOL @ 'I'm sure most salsans are dance lovers or a bunch of seedy pervs'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that's my opinion, would you rather take to the dancefloor alone and just do the stanky leg or something

    ReplyDelete