Thursday 7 July 2011

OTOKO NO KO-Mr Black


I'll upload a picture when I get it , yeah I had to take a picture with this dude.
He started speaking to my boy Francis and I thought it was a Nigerian brother just because he had a head shape similar to some of my uncles. But when this dude turned round he was full scale Japanese boy with super tanned skin, like the same colour all over but this colour was brown, like black man brown. Japanese people are not known for the darkness of their skin granted it is summer and people can get dark but this was extreme. I wonder what his parents thought, I wonder what his friends think what girls think and most of all I wonder what he was thinking. Did he wake up one morning and think MTV has made me believe that the next step on my cool list is to become black or at least look it so off to the tanning salon I go.

Did this work? was he now cool? did people cross the street when they saw him? I'll never know unless I see him tonight

I'm sure he must go to the salon like some people go to the gym. In a weird way it was a little bit flattering but i mean like 3% and the the other 97% was weird and hilarious.

This dude gave all the high 5's and man hugs and bought us both drinks , which I must say is very unblack, black people don't buy each other drinks ( is that self hate).Don't get angry it's true I've met people and they've bought me a drink before even knowing my name this has happened on many occasions but none of these occasions has it been a black guy. The only black guys who buy me drinks are my friends, friends that know they'll see me again and I will be buying them a drink later. Fair enough I mean I'm not buying you a drink unless I know you, I don't have that disposable income and you know I'll be giving you that eye contact a hour later like remember that drink i bought you an hour yeah- payback time son. Thirsty throat. I'll probably do that cup to mouth action and hope he doesn't think I'm doing something else

But back to the point , some guys love the dark skin so much that they super tan, Yes I know some people just want to tan as they think tanned skin looks healthier and not because they want to be black, but this is an example of I wanna be like you oooh oooh

I will never mean to generalise a people many people can have different reasons for doing the same thing
so this is Mr Black coolest kid in the block until we came to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment