Thursday 6 August 2009

I run this




I run


I put my trainers on and I run

The treadmill can't hold me down so i do this in the park, i do it on the roads- i do it across brides , around lakes, and across rivers. I usuallly run alone.


But I am not the only one running, my brothers and my sisters run with me.


There's a way you feel when you run, you don't really think about what you're doing- one foot, other foot-- repeat until elapsed distance is satisfactory. You need to be a certain type of person to run, it is not for everybody. i don't mean run once a month or once a week but you know a few times a week.


I usually run a route which leads me to my car. SOmetimes a few miles sometimes several miles.


Anyway if i run during the daylight hours I will usually pass several runners, all going through the same struggle. I don;t know hwat they're thinking i don't know why they run, for fitness for sport, for enjoyment for their life. But I know there is a connection between me and the guy or girl running towards me with wild robotic movements. And then they pass me with not so much as a glance or a nod or a smile.


I feel like my friend just blanked me


We are meant to be Brothers, we share a secret that only runners know at least give me the nod.


Anyway I've taken it in my stride :) to smile, wave wink or nod at all runners passing me--


I feel to bellow -words of support, but I'll save that for later.


I want to build a real solidarity amongs my kind


For when the world dies of a heart attack the runners will run on by - white headphones swaying with the motion of they that dare to run.

3 comments:

  1. almost poetic, made me want to grab my trainers and... ahh it's raining maybe not.

    But yeah the nod at 6 in the morning when Im running with my eyes half closed from tiredness? Make it all worthwhile

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know this man - i went for a nice run today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been stalling a trip to the running shop - but there's no one to make me get those shoes so I win and I lose...

    You post has inspired me some though.

    ReplyDelete