Tuesday 23 April 2013

Child's pose


So the Elementary school that I teach at is the challenge for me, In this school I am the English teacher the class is run by me but I follow a plan that I receive from somewhere after it has been translated losing all its flavour.

 Problem is, when the plan has holes in it I do not have opportunity to discuss any ambiguities. So today I could only fill in the gaps in the plan during the class, so I was a s nervous as can be in the build up.

So low and behold when I am taking off my onesie before I get in the shower I pull something . This is my first onesie related injury but something tells me it wont be the last. I have to get into child's pose  ( i learnt this from INSANITY which allows you to recover when you are mash up).
Anyway this injury just made things worse. Not only was I not clear on how to run the class but now I couldn't defend against Kanchos and other child like attacks. woe, woe, woe.

Well getting to school all the kids were excited and remembered my name and I did manage to defend against reverse Kanchos deliver 3 kick ass lessons and end my string of lessons by dunking on them 10 year olds in the playground. They just wanted dunks and yeah my back hurt but the kids cheers acted as a kind of painkiller which wore off as soon as I got back to the teachers room.

(Funny though this kid asked me why I was so sun tanned all over, the same kid that invited me to play Basketball  and I know he wasn't trying to make a joke he had just never seen a Black person in his life)

Also got to have lunch with the kids which was cute as you can imagine and a lot of the kids were really charming and helped me clean the board and with my stuff and seemed genuinely happy to see me, which is worth the stress of not knowing what is going on. This will get better I had words which I'll probably get in trouble for but I apologised enough that I hope it doesn't happen

Anyway back to child's pose

No comments:

Post a Comment