Saturday 6 August 2011

cause for a delay




I'm sorry Ladies and Gentlemen but the Jubilee line service is experiencing major delays because there is somebody under a train at Wembley. This paints the picture that there is a protester like person who is deliberately holding up the jubilee line eastbound service for their own cause. In reality a poor soul has decided that there life is too much, that they can't live anymore and I don't like they way this poor human is reduced to an obstacle and not a living breathing person. -I know that once they are under the train that they are not a living breathing person any more , but I hope you understand my point. They are being put into the same category as the wrong kind of snow , faulty signals and leaves on the track and in my opinion this isn't right. To be honest I think I am hearing that there is a person under the train more and more these days, which is depressing I can't help but think about the repercussions the relatives, the friends the witnesses the driver even. On hearing the common announcement that my journey home was being delayed because somebody was under the train, I was this close (imagine me holding my thumb and index finger poised in a way that they were separated by the size of a cashew nut, that close) to giving a rising dragon uppercut to my fellow commuter, who commented that it was a selfish thing to do.

I agree it is inconvenient to wait an extra 10 minutes for the tube , but somebody just died, somebody decided to jump in front of a tube to a gruesome but quick death, like where is the compassion these days. God forbid somebody you know where to meet this fate that somebody were tortured by so many demons that they snapped and leaped on the northern line.
I'm just urging you that next time you hear that there is somebody under the train that you don't just shrug it off as a minor inconvenience but spare a thought for what got this person under there and if you are of the disposition pray for their soul

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I am the commuter that you would want to uppercut and I stand by it. Suicide is generally a selfish act. And jumping in front of a train, traumatising the train driver and other witnesses is infinitely more selfish. However calling it selfish because ur train was delayed and no other reason deserves a swift slap. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete